Science On Wheels For Your Early Learners
Introduce your preschool and early learners to the fun and adventure of math and science. Programs can take place during the school day or at weekend and evening family events.
SENSE-ational Science Show
Explore your fabulous five senses! Put your taste buds to the test, make "scents" of mysterious odors, open your eyes to illusions, and more! Geared toward grades PreK-2.
Storybook Science Programs
Science springs from storybooks as we start class with a story and then delve deeper into the topic with hands-on activities and experiments. Use microscopes to investigate the miniature world of insects, compare your teeth to the fangs of a grizzly bear and other animals, create a boat that floats and more.
- Incredible Insects: Read a fun book about a girl who loves insects. Meet some real cockroaches and use microscopes and magnifiers to discover the difference between insects and other animals.
- Tooth Sleuth: Hear a hysterical tale about rotten teeth! Investigate your own teeth, compare them to the teeth of animals and check out some of the grossest rotten teeth from real mouths.
- Making Music: Read about a boy who loves to play the trumpet, and then experiment with sound waves and discover fascinating percussion instruments you can play.
- Creating Color: Listen to a story about warthogs discovering color. Explore primary and secondary colors, learn about the color wheel, and do some color experiments of your own!
- Boats Afloat: What makes a boat float? How do weight, size and shape affect buoyancy? Test the buoyancy of several objects and then put your creativity to work as you design and build your own ship out of clay. On to sea trials...will your boat float? Now can you rebuild your boat to make it carry cargo?
Questions? Review our FAQs.
TDD: (206) 443-2887